Mandatory class hours are 09:00 – 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and 09:00 – 15:00 on Fridays. We are planing enough time for a lunch break every day.
Please note that there may be optional activities such as social program and optional workshops after the official class hours.
Topics and Contents:
- Intercultural competence
- Cultural value dimensions
- Underlying factors of cultural change
- Self-construal and the meaning of choice
- Analytic versus holistic systems of thoughts
- Honor versus dignity cultures
- Cultural and evolved morality
- Principles of trainings design and evaluation
- Advanced training design
- Adapting to various target groups
- Teaching and learning styles across cultures
- Dealing with difficult participants
- Experiential learning methods
- Visualization techniques
During the final days of the program, you design and facilitate your own training session (in pairs) and receive extensive feedback from the group and the instructors.
Please note: The Intercultural Trainer Academy has a summer and a winter edition (you can check the upcoming dates here). In the summer edition, we blend theory and practice sessions for the whole group. In the winter edition, our Intercultural Trainer Academy is part of the Winter School at Jacobs University Bremen and therefore attracts more students. In the winter edition, we offer a choice between two groups for the first four days, one focusing more on theory (for those with prior training experience) and one focusing more on training basics (for students with a strong academic background in the intercultural field). To learn more about the overall program structure, please refer to the program page.