Please find additional information on the online version of the Intercultural Trainer Academy here.
Course hours: The Intercultural Trainer Academy in January 2022 takes place fully online and the program will be spread out over three weeks, starting on January 10, 2022 and ending on January 26, 2022 (around lunchtime). The course times will be as follows:
- Block 1: January 10-13, 2022 – daily course hours from 9am to 6pm CET with a 2-hour lunch break (approx. 12-2pm CET)
- Block 2: January 17-20, 2022 – daily course hours from 9am to 6pm CET with a 2-hour lunch break (approx. 12-2pm CET)
- Block 3: January 24-26, 2022 – daily course hours from 9am to 5pm CET with a 2-hour lunch break (approx. 12.30-2.30pm CET), on January 26, 2022, the program finishes at lunch
Please note that there will be a group task (to be completed in pairs) between block 1 and 2 and between block 2 and 3 – you will have time to prepare your task during the official course hours. Based on our experience from previous programs, some groups might need additional time to prepare between blocks, i.e., tandems might decide to meet outside of the official course hours or on days off between the blocks. We also offer optional social events in the evening (e.g., a welcome evening on January 10 and a farewell party on January 25) as well as optional evening sessions (e.g., a visualization workshop and sessions with guest trainers). You can find a detailed program overview here: Program Overview – January 2022 (online)
TOPICS AND CONTENT
- Intercultural competence
- Cultural value dimensions
- Underlying factors of cultural change
- Self-construal and the meaning of choice
- Analytic versus holistic systems of thoughts
- Honor versus dignity cultures
- Cultural and evolved morality
- Principles of trainings design and evaluation
- Advanced training design
- Adapting to various target groups
- Teaching and learning styles across cultures
- Dealing with difficult participants
- Experiential learning methods
- Visualization techniques
During the final days of the program, you design and facilitate your own training session (in pairs) and receive extensive feedback from the group and the instructors.
Please note: The Intercultural Trainer Academy has a summer and a winter edition (you can check the upcoming dates here). In the summer edition, we blend theory and practice sessions for the whole group. In the winter edition, our Intercultural Trainer Academy is part of the Winter School at Jacobs University Bremen and therefore attracts more students. In the winter edition, we offer a choice between two groups for the first four days, one focusing more on theory (for those with prior training experience) and one focusing more on training basics (for students with a strong academic background in the intercultural field). To learn more about the overall program structure, please refer to the program page.